cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dgduncan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ZBook Thunderbolt 3 Dock - External Displayport Displays changing resolution when lid is closed

HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a Zbook 15 G3 with the Thunderbolt 3 dock. I have two displayport monitors that are connected to the dock. I do not like working with my laptop screen open, but I am having issues with the two external monitors when the laptop lid is closed. When I close the lid, the resolution on the other two monitors drops down to 800 by 600 and they become unusable. I have changed my power settings so that when the lid is closed to do nothing; however, that is clearly not what is happening. Has anyone experienced this before? Thank you.

Derek D

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
823 814 81 162
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Try to use HP Image Assistant , if verify if  the  Zbook 15 G3 has lates BIOS , latest firmware of TB controller inside the Zbook , latest Thunderbolt3 Docking firmware and latest drivers.

download and execute HP Image Asistant. here the link

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

it will help you to keep your computer updated.

a lok of update happened during last year.

bye

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation