cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sspagnolo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Zbook Admin Bios Password

Zbook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I NEED HELP!

I bought a Zbook 15 used and this have the Bios with Password (The first owner dont remember the password). I tryed contact HP Support but they no have any help of it. I need do an Bios UPDATE but I cant without password.

NOTEBOOK INFO:
HP ZBOOK 15

Product: F3S97EC#ABM
Warranty: 3y3y3y

Thanks, 

AD. Info:

It dont let me an number code if put 3 times the wrong password.
 BIOS.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Provost
Provost
26,040 24,632 3,552 7,933
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sspagnolo

For that model you will need to contact HP in your region and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

Phone >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Chat >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sspagnolo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tryed, but the notebook dont have the USB Boot order like first. And other thing, the first owner dont have the bill of purchase. 

0 Kudos
LDGold Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That fix worked. Started a chat session with HP and they emailed me a smc.bin file that i had to save to the HP_Tools drive instead of a external drive (our external drives are encrypted) and booted up as directed by them and it worked perfect. I did have to reset the bios to factory default in order to reset the password, which was not part of the directions. but that worked fine as well. Thanks

0 Kudos
aa232323 Tutor
Tutor
13 12 0 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I phoned contact support, and i am told that they are no longer sending SMC.bin files, but replacing motherboard. Is that true? if so, it is very dissapointing.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation