Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Problem in probook 4530s! Intel dual band wireless-n 7260!7260hmw nb. Whitelist! BIOS F.41

Please help me!:smileyindifferent: May be patch bios?

Or can i modifi bios? 
I would be very much obliged to you

HP Recommended

If you read through this entire thread you will see that there are people out there modifying various bios versions to 'update' the whitelists.  You do it at your own risk, of course.

The safest alternative is to add an external wifi dongle.

HP Recommended

The ProBook 4x30s cannot be modified, it's RSA signed.

HP Recommended

The ProBook 4720s cannot be modified by patching BIOS, it's RSA signed!

Need legal update from HP support in latest BIOS!

HP Recommended

And HP has made it clear from its complete lack of response on this issue (both here and to customers directly) that it has no interest in doing so.  The only reason I've ever heard is that it needs to ensure that the cards don't violate FCC rules when used in a given device.  That would seam reasonable if they gave a decent selection of modern, fully capable wifi cards, but for the most part they don't.  I've noted here that cards used in the last few years may well have far worse capability then ones they used earlier.  One card I had in a fully equipped (otherwise) 17 inch laptop barely communicated at G speeds even though it was a N card.  Speeds on it near a modern router were about 56 mbps peak - while my router was capable of 450 at that range.

HP Recommended
I need 5 Ghz (802.11n) and Bluetooth 4.0 but I have Bluetooth USB dongle ASUS USB-BT400 its cool - and -1USB Slot...
HP Recommended

I love the specs - great bluetooth but unusable wifi.  Hopefully there will be some decent AC based dongles out soon that also include dual band N plus BT 3 or 4.

HP Recommended

Hello

Where can I find the whitelist gor HP Envy 6-1031er?

Cant' find it aniwhere....

Need to change the netrwork card to 5ghz and don't really know which one will be supported because of that whitelist stuff

HP Recommended

Instead of bricking your laptop, get an external USB based wif dongle.  A few are really fast and can utilize USB3, but even some that don't do USB3 get 450mbps or better including on 5.0ghz N.

HP Recommended
Don't really want something stick out of my laptop....
is that a really big problem with the internal network card?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.