Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did not find the answer on any website so I thought outside the box.  I figured it out!  This is how I did it.

-  Click on "Start" button

-  In search, type  "Compatibility"

-  Click on "Run programs made for previous versions of windows"

-  Scroll down to "Youcam", click on it and next

-  Click on "Try recommended settings"

-  This should work

-  To activate it go to start, type in "Youcam"

-  Click on the youcam program

I hope this works for all that try it!

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

my program is that I ordered the disk for You cam 4 and I can't uninstall You Cam 3 d/t it says the error is :

Product definitation file lost so I can't load my new disk..

HP Recommended

i can't get compatibilty to open up like you said, nothing works

HP Recommended

Helo gd morning were not able to see the "You cam" after run programs made for previous versions windows 7.Where can i found it!

HP Recommended

hp webcam pavilion g4 เวลาเปิดกล้องจะมีข้อความว่า Cannot connect to this video device (HP Webcam-101) Please select another capture device via Settings or close any application that may be using this video device and restart You Cam แก้ไขอย่างไรดี

HP Recommended

MINTA DRIVER WEBCAM101

HP Recommended

@dave_is_here wrote:

I did not find the answer on any website so I thought outside the box.  I figured it out!  This is how I did it.

-  Click on "Start" button

-  In search, type  "Compatibility"

-  Click on "Run programs made for previous versions of windows"

-  Scroll down to "Youcam", click on it and next

-  Click on "Try recommended settings"

-  This should work

-  To activate it go to start, type in "Youcam"

-  Click on the youcam program

I hope this works for all that try it!

HP Recommended

i lost my dvd/cd's rom drivers and webcam 101.i did not get back.can you help me

HP Recommended

There is another way to do this that will also set you up to use LogitechVid.  Go to Logitech's website, then select Quickcam 9000 from the webcams (it's the first one on the list) and download the camera and Vid software.  Install it, then open it. In the settings box select HP webcam 101 (the software will read it), then headphones and speakers, and finally internal microphone, then save everything.  Your webcam should now work, and if you plug in a Quickcam 9000 it will already be installed.  It will appear in the settings menu above the HP webcam and you can switch back and forth.  Worked for me!

HP Recommended

you cam cannot connect to your webcam(hp webam -101).try selecting
another capture device within settings,or close any applications that may be
using this webcam and then restart youcam. i have hp pavilionn g6 1209ax notebook webcam not work properly how can i fix it >>>

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.