cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Helpme20 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk error when i start my device.Boot device not found is the error I have now.

HP windows 8 pro
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
When I turn on my device I get hard disk error. I try and run my windows install disk computer tells me to restart and put in disk again. Next error is boot device not found.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
44598 44334 3329 13940
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk error when i start my device.Boot device not found is the error I have now.

Sounds like the hard drive has failed/is failing and needs to be replaced. Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This should bring up a menu where you can tap F2 for System Diagnostics.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation