cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
csgoman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Help regarding a project...

HP Recommended
HP ELITEBOOK 8470P
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I shall keep this short and simple,

I am working on a project, i basically stripped the whole laptop apart and i have kept the motherboard plus necessary components such as harddrive etc

I am putting the motherboard in a frame and attaching it to the wall.  I shall be operating this with a wireless keyboard and mouse + attaching it to a tv via HDMI.

However there 2 problems regarding the bios...

1: The bios does not display  on my TV despite disconnecting the laptop LCD. It just goes straight to windows, the issue here is that anytime i need to enter the bios i MUST attach the laptop lcd back and this is a huge inconvenience.

2: again with the bios, it will not detect my wireless keyboard and mouse within the bios, it only works with the laptop keyboard attached. Again, inconvenience. I checked all the bios settings but i cant find anything to enable wireless keyboard to work, nor change power up display to set the TV to defaults 😕

I saw a thing on another thread where setting the laptop screen down while connecting the tv, this shows the bios. It does work but it still requires having a connected lcd which i do not want.

Any help will be much appreciated thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation