Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Mr/Madam,

I don't know why my hp laptop turns off automatically when I closed the lid of my laptop or left my laptop 10 mins. Even though, at this time, my laptop did not over heat and my battery was 100%. I tried to change in "Processor power management" but it was still not working. This issue happened 4 days ago, and I had never seen it before. Could you let me know how I can fix it, please?

Product name: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

P/s: This is a picture how I changed "Processer power management" in my laptop

mysolution.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It sounds as if you are actually not making the correct changes.  

See the settings in the images below the text.

Invoke the control panel to power options. Change what the notebook does when the lid closes. Your notebook may not be shutting down. It may be going into sleep or hibernate mode, depending what the current setting is. You also need to change the display turn off settings and check the percentage of no activity at which time the notebook will turn off, sleep  or hibernate. 

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It is not working. When I closed the lid of my laptop and opened the lid of my laptop, I logined in my laptop again and all my websites from google chrome dissappeared.

HP Recommended

@Shmily_1403 wrote:

It is not working. When I closed the lid of my laptop and opened the lid of my laptop, I logined in my laptop again and all my websites from google chrome dissappeared.

That has absolutely nothing to do with closing the lid.  Keep focused.

You seem to be playing games.  I will leave your thread. Perhaps someone else will help you.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I don't know what happen with my laptop. They are pictures that I take to show my issue when I close the lid of my hp laptop. 

1. They are websites that I am using

IMG_6167.JPG

2. When I close the lid of my laptop and open my laptop again

IMG_6164.JPG

3. All my websites disappear, even though my batter is 2/3 of energy.

IMG_6160.JPG

4. When I open Google Chrome, it asks me to restore all websites that I used before

IMG_6166.JPG

HP Recommended

@Shmily_1403 wrote:

I don't know what happen with my laptop. They are pictures that I take to show my issue when I close the lid of my hp laptop. 

1. They are websites that I am using

IMG_6167.JPG

2. When I close the lid of my laptop and open my laptop again

IMG_6164.JPG

3. All my websites disappear, even though my batter is 2/3 of energy.

IMG_6160.JPG

4. When I open Google Chrome, it asks me to restore all websites that I used before

IMG_6166.JPG

That has nothing to do with the subject of your original post in the thread.

What you are describing is a browser issue or being caused by malware, adware or a virus. There is a community that can help you with that kind of problem.  Check out the following link.

https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3227046

HP Recommended

Even though I used my Word document ( or using Window Defender) in my computer without using the Internet, but it continued to turn off power automatically.  I made a test that I opened Window Defender and after that I closed the lid of my laptop, but when I opened the lid, my laptop turn off autmatically and Window Defender turned off too. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.