Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We recently received a mail from one of reader who wants to get the Windows Vista password of computer in his college which is a local computer. This time also I will tell you how I can reset Windows Vista password when I forgot my Windows Vista password.

OK, when you say you forgot your Windows Vista password, huh? It does not really matter if you did or you just say you did. The fact is that you need access to a computer and you can not "remember" the password of the administrator. How can you overcome this situation without formatting and reinstalling the operating system? A method to access the system is trying to remember the forgotten password, or password of another user who has the same level of administrative rights. However, I do not think this approach will help you, otherwise you would not be sitting here reading the article, you?

If you are finding password cracking property that can be employed for miscellaneous objective this sort of as password-protected PDF file documents, zipped archives, Office environment documents, BIOS protection and so on then this WebPages isn't really for you. See links in the bottom several of this page for hints on wherever to uncover this sort of tools, objective I can enable you to know proper apart That Google could be a much better variety for you.

Today, let’s introduce some methods to reset Windows Vista password.

Solution1. Prepare a Windows Vista password reset disk and use it to reset lost password.

Creating a Windows Vista logon password usually takes less than a few minutes

Here's How:

Step1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

Step2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.

Step3. Click on the User Accounts link.

Step4. Click the Create password button to confirm your new password.

Step5.Now that your Windows Vista account has a password setup, you must use this password to log on to Windows Vista from this point forward.

Step 6.Create a Windows Vista password reset disk. This isn't a required part of creating a new password but I highly recommend that you do it.

A password reset disk will protect you from the consequences of forgetting your new Windows Vista password.

Solution2. Use free tools can reset Windows Vista password

These reset password tools are often good for close by customers on a continue being alone computer. There are two popular tools: Ophcrack and Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. Ophcrack, which happens to be reliant on rainbow home furniture will you invest useful time to download, but merely can reset the password that is under 14 characters. It facilitates Windows NT/2000/XP, but the recovery password not admin.

Free Windows password cracking tools are often Linux system boot disks usually are NT report software application (NTFS) drivers and software application that reads the computer registry and rewrite the password hashes for just about any account, there this kind of as administrators. This process requires actual acquire for the console and an available floppy drive, but it performs like a charm! I do it myself a handful of periods with out glitch or problem whatsoever.

Solution 3.Use Windows Password Recovery Tool

There are many commercial Vista password reset tool, such as Windows Password Recovery Tool. With this software, you can easily login your PC by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.

Step1. Download Windows Password Recovery Tool and Burn a CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive to reset lost Windows Vista password.

Step2. Set your target computer to boot from CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive.

Step3. Reset lost Windows Vista password to Re123456 with the burned CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Before you search for Windows installation DVD to format and reinstall Windows Vista onto the computer, here a few ways you can try to unlock Windows password to gain access to the system again, at least by resetting the Vista password.

HP Recommended

Thanks for share your idea about reset windows vista password.

Few days ago, I just  read an article with the same theme, here I also want to share with everyone.

How to Hack Windows Vista Administrator Password to Logon

HP Recommended

If you have accessibility options enabled and no hard disk encryption, try this...

Boot to installation media and get a cmd prompt

run the following commands:
copy c:\windows\system32\magnify.exe c:\windows\system32\magnify.exe.old
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\magnify.exe

reboot

When prompted to login, click the accessibility button (bottom left) and place a check next to screen magnifier.  This should launch a command prompt window with system level privs.  You can now *safely* change the administrator's password.

There are some other way to reset Windows password with a bootable CD/DVD or USB.

Windows Vista Admin Password Recovery

HP Recommended

There are more than one solutions to reset a Windows Vista normal user or administrator password when forgot it. Well, I think it is very important to select an easy, safe, quick way to reset a forgotten Windows password. It is thought to be the easiest and quickest way to use a previous created Windows password reset disk to reset forgotten password. While, if you have no such a Windows password reset disk, what are your options? 

On this condition, Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer is your best choice. Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer is specially designed for resetting Windows password including Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, XP .etc.

Steps:

Step 1: Install Daossfot Windows Password Rescuer into an accessible computer. 

Step 2: Launch this software to burn it to a USB/CD/DVD flash drive.

Step 3: Boot your locked Windows Vista computer from the flash drive.

Step 4: Follow its detailed instruction to click "Reset Password" button to reset your password.

More details: How to Unlock or Reset Windows Vista password

HP Recommended
What if you cant get to your desktop because you dont know your password???
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.