Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 650
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How can I restore a Probook 650 to its Factory settings & importantly remove all the data?

I don't have any restore discs.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Well If You Have A Recovery Partition You Can Try To Use That To Factory Reset The PC

If Your PC Has One Follow Next Steps

1: Restart The PC And Press F11 For System Recovery

2: Look For Factory Reset Or System Reset

3: And It Should Work If It Does Then It Will Set The PC Back To The Factory Condition And Remove All Data

If This Fixed Your Problem Please Click (Accept As Solution) and Click the White Hand for (Thumbs Up)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion however there does't seem to be a Recovery Partition. 

Actually we are only interested in wiping all the data before we return the laptop to HP.

Are you able to advise of the best way to do that?

We put all the data in the recycle bin & emptied it but understand that might not be enough.

Feedback apprciated.

HP Recommended

Hi! Welcome To The HP Support Forums I’ Am 1029rjmemvy17t It Is A Great Place For Information/Help And I Will Be Happy To Help You!

Try this

create a Windows 7 or 8.1 Repair USB Flash Drive

boot to that USB Flash Drive

Go to command prompt

Type:

Diskpart

Select Disk 0

Clean

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

HP Recommended
I bought an HP Probook 660 G1 with Windows 8 how do I factory reset it to out of the box settings?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.