cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zpxykm
Level 4
148 91 0 7
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How save the battery for the new PC?

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hollo All:  Yesterday I bought a new HP laptop: 15-ay039wm. From Pavilion dv6-1334us to the ay039wm and wXP to w10, changed a great number. I will have lots questions.

The 1st question is how too save battery. When I use Pavilion, usually I use power adapter and take off the battery. Now for the ay039wm, Should I dothe same? Can I take down the battery and put it in the drawer?

Hope your help.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,383 119,560 19,530 29,861
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can use the same procedure.

Here is a link from HP for how to get the most out of your notebook's battery.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

Rather than inserting and removing the battery all the time, I prefer to leave it attached to the computer and every two weeks, I unplug the power adapter from the notebook, run it off the battery until I get the low battery warning, then I plug the adapter back in and charge up the battery.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation