Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @NetEng01,

Welcome to FORUM !!!!

Go to BIOS, by tapping F10 at the start up

Login to BIOS as ADMINISTRATOR ( Create one if you have not, Under security tab)

Go to Advanced tab >>>> Device Configurations >> Scroll down and enable Virtualization

Save changes and exit.

vv.JPG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @NetEng01,

Welcome to FORUM !!!!

Go to BIOS, by tapping F10 at the start up

Login to BIOS as ADMINISTRATOR ( Create one if you have not, Under security tab)

Go to Advanced tab >>>> Device Configurations >> Scroll down and enable Virtualization

Save changes and exit.

vv.JPG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you GBL84 for your help. The issue is that I have done that before and the option is greyed out.  The only option to enable is the NumLock on at Boot.  Everything else is greyed out.

I have another BIOS update that I can do that is a month newer and a Rev. A.  I do not know if that will help.

HP Recommended

I would add that I had to log into the BIOS as a guest.  When you said Admin, I was using the Windows Admin accounts, and they did get me into BIOS, just no access.  My bad.

HP Recommended

Hello @NetEng01,

Thank you for your reply !!!

Iam sorry i could not quiet understand. Were you able to enable (VT-X) ??? or no ...

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Yes, I was able to enable it.  Originally, I was logging in with my Windows user credentials, which were admin.  Unfortuantely this is where all of the BIOS options were 'GREYED-OUT'. 

I logged into BIOs as guest and set an admin password.  Then I looked and almost everything was 'Black' and accessable.  I made the relevant changes and was able to enable VT-X.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @NetEng01

Iam happy that you were able to enable :generic:

All the Best !!!     Thanks for being a member !  

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Accept as Solution
HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP Z6 G4 with Xeon Silver 4116 and get errors starting VMware Workstation 14 VM: 

This host does not support "Intel EPT" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

CPU is capable based on Intel website.  I have BIOS P60 v1.42 and it doesn't have the virtualization enable option that I can find.  SystemInfo shows it disabled in OS Windows 10 64Bit Build 1709.

One post suggested Hyper-V could cause it but that is not enabled.

I'm at a loss...please help.

HP Recommended

This Solved the issue

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.