Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-d061sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop is great but when i use my external monitor I have to have the lid up other wise it changes the to the external monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080 this makes everything so big its un-useable.

How can I stop this?

With the lid up and the laptop set to clone everything is ok.

lid up.jpg

Lid down

lid down.PNG

have got the latest drivers for the Intel graphics card and set power saving setings to do nothing when pluged in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @IT_shopper,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is unfortunate the HP support nor Microsoft has been able to overcome this issue.   When I checked the maintenance and service guide I noted you have an Intel processor.

I was able to locate this post by Paul an Intel Support Engineer that may help.

TV Display resolution changes when laptop lid closed .

Please let me know if this helped.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just to let people know after 2and a half hours of tech support from HP and a restore to an earlier saved point ( before an upgrade to windows 10 pro) I moved on to Microsoft because the computer would not reinstall Win 10 Pro. This took them 3 and a half hours.

I was back to where I started.

I still have the same problem 😞

HP Recommended

Hi @IT_shopper,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is unfortunate the HP support nor Microsoft has been able to overcome this issue.   When I checked the maintenance and service guide I noted you have an Intel processor.

I was able to locate this post by Paul an Intel Support Engineer that may help.

TV Display resolution changes when laptop lid closed .

Please let me know if this helped.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Hi @IT_shopper,

I am so glad it worked!  :generic:

Thank you for sharing the results to assist other posters!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.