Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Jorge,

did the fingerprint scanner work for you with windows 10 on 8560w, I am having the same issue, had to install windows 7 back but really would like to move to win 10.

HP Recommended
Hi! Did you try the "new" fingerprint driver mentioned in my first post?
Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

did and HP Client security manager could not see the FS connected.

Today I reinstalled the driver and manually selected from the list (unchecked show compatible checkbox) and selected VF495 and that seemed to work. was able to regester my fingerprint with security manager.

will restart and make sure everything works in the evening.

thanks again for the link to new drivers and HP Client security software.

Now need to fix Bluetooth, it does not work with iphone. have Broadcom 2070, i think.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have also faced the same and similiar errors as you all on my HP Elitebook when trying to get the finger print sensor to work on Windows 10 x64 bit.

It's a pain on ass and struggling to find the right working version of HP Client Security Manager as it had so many different version numbers. I have ended up downloading HP Client Security Manager file for many times, Uninstalling and Installing HP Client Security Manager from Windows 10 for also many times. There was not a clear support instruction from HP support.  Anyways, I have finally managed to get HP Client Security Manager and Validity Finger Print Sensor working on my HP Notebook with Windows 10 x64 with HP Client Security Manager 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A , sp74101.exe from below url link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6893667&swItemId=vc_158160_1&swEnvOid=415...

According to the official HP EliteBook 8440P Notebook Drivers & software page, HP ProtectTools Security Manager 5.1.3.766(1 Jun 2012) sp56391 is the latest version. The changes of the software name from HP ProtectTools Security Manager to HP Client Security Manager also make us confused.

By the way, I am using  HP EliteBook 8440P Notebook and you may notice that model is not listed under supported model of HP Client Security Manager 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A(3 Dec 2015) sp74101 release notes.  So if your HP Notebook model is not listed under the release notes but it's with Validity Finger Print Sensor then you are safe to try it out. Hopefully it should work without any problem. The Finger Print registraion process will be handle by HP Client Security Manager instead of Microsoft Windows Sign In Option.

If you still having this problem, download it and install to see the result. Any error, let me know.

I hope my post here might help to resolve the error of the people with HP Client Security Manager and Windows 10 on HP Notebook. Enjoy!

Regards,

Nigel

HP Recommended

sure its a pain Nigel.  its not suppost to work, the security pack is ONLY released for W7.

sorry.

and

sorry , i posted to 65xx by mistake.  or are we doing many laptop models,  in one thread????

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

sp47101.exe

first it seemed to work  ,  then cant connect to the Validity, reader.

so its 1/2 baked, beans.

these driver is not for 8540s, its not in the list. on that page, for it.

my guess, is it cant not support VSF451s correctly,  (have 6  LT  to prove that...)

loads fast with no error

but DOA at run time.

there are problems at MS too.

if you remove the validity driver, MS pnp , fails to find it. and updated, it. ( for sure a MS bug that)

see posts of others geting MS w10 *.cab file, and forcing them back....

that page shows it support 850s but not 8540s.  seems this is 2013 era support not 2010 ,

so....

no85.JPG

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.