Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I bought today HP probook 4535 with the following configuration

AMD quad core A6

16 GB of RAM (upgraded from standard 4)

Ati Radeon

750 GB Sata

Guy from customer support says that this PC in his tech. specifications has support for 16GB but he isn't sure if system will be stable. My question if someone here works for HP or knows information I'm looking for to be polite and tells me if this notebook can support 16GB of RAM. I need alot of RAM for my work and I want to be mobile.

Thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, guys from the shop where I bought  called me a few minutes ago and toled me all 16GB are recognized and Windows is stable.

Cheap mobile workstation.

Thanks HP

BTW: It would be too cool if HP-UX works on x86 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't quite understand your question...

You have stated that you have already installed 16 GB of memory in your PC. 

If it is working, then there shouldn't be any problem.

If that is the case, the specifications I see are incorrect, because page 5 of the link below clearly indicates that the maximum amount of memory that can be installed in your notebook is only 8 GB (2 x 4 GB).

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14044_na/14044_na.pdf

Paul

HP Recommended

I bought it today, web page from supplier says that this laptop can hold 16GB of RAM which I orderd and payed. They will install this RAM.

Laptop must come at my address for a few days.

My question was if this notebook can support 16GB out-of-box

I am in doubt 😞

Edit: I found for used chipset following information (AMD A70M FCH)

• 2x DDR3 SO-DIMM, Max. 16GB

So above my head => one big ?

HP Recommended

Then I am in doubt too as the specs from only 2 months ago state max is 8 GB.

Edit:  Hopefully it will work then.

I have found other HP pc's where the specs stated max memory was less than supported by the chipset and installing the chipset max worked.

I have an Elitebook 6910p. Chipset is Mobile Intel 965.  Chipset supports 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) of PC2-5300 memory.

HP specs state max is 4 GB ( 2 x 2 GB).

I installed 2 x 4GB of PC2-6400 and it works just great with 8 GB. Memory downclocked to 667 Mhz.

So, maybe you are in luck too.

Please post back and let us know if 16 GB works.

HP Recommended

I will

HP Recommended

OK, guys from the shop where I bought  called me a few minutes ago and toled me all 16GB are recognized and Windows is stable.

Cheap mobile workstation.

Thanks HP

BTW: It would be too cool if HP-UX works on x86 😉

HP Recommended

That is great news!

You're in luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.