cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yogie68 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a windows 7 home premium but when tech says it shows operating as a windows xp

I have a windows 7 home premium but when tech says it shows operating as a windows xp...  The computer states it a Windows 7 premium so why when I try to log into certain sghts it tells me it doesnt support winddows xp when I am not using an xp.... this computer was never an xp nor did I ever downloaded an xp. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
8613 8468 694 3099
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a windows 7 home premium but when tech says it shows operating as a windows xp

@yogie68 wrote:

I have a windows 7 home premium but when tech says it shows operating as a windows xp...  The computer states it a Windows 7 premium so why when I try to log into certain sghts it tells me it doesnt support winddows xp when I am not using an xp.... this computer was never an xp nor did I ever downloaded an xp. 

Hello @yogie68

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

1) What is your HP full computer model and product number - can you post them > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2) What exactly are you trying to do so that something states and checks your OS. Who is this tech ? What are these websites ? What browser do you use ? Please, provide details, description. Thanks

3) Can you provide a short log to review

Download Trend Micro's HiJackThis app:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Save and run the exe file.

Click on "Do a scan and save log file" button

After scan, if a log file pops up in Notepad - that is excellent. If not, choose "Save log" button and choose to save the log file somehwere

The log file - open it, choose "Select All" (CTR + A) , then copy it and paste it all here in your next reply.

After pasting the log here, you can eventually close HiJackThis and delete it.

Looking forward to your update. 🙂

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation