Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recently, I've been having some problems with my HP Pavilion DV9000.

The charger has to be held in certain positions for the blue light to come on.  This is such a hastle because it takes forever to get it in the right position, then the slightest movement will cause it to not work again.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if I have to send it in.

Also, I just bought a new adapter recently, so that's not the problem.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sounds like sone wire in the plug broke, you may need get a new power adaptor.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Could be the adapter but more likely a problem with the power jack on the motherboard. Post back if you want the full details of how to get it fixed without spending several hundred dollars.

HP Recommended

Hiya Huffer and comp.

I also have the picky charger problem although it sounds like mine is unique.  The thing is it used to be annoying like the other people's (I would have to be real carefull to not move the charger or chord to make sure the blue light wouldn't go off) but now it's not so picky.  It will plug in and charge (blue light and all) but the black tip of the charger which plugs into the comp will get really hot:robotmad: really fast, to the point where I have to unplug it for fear of melting the chrage port or the plug itself. 

Note: The tip of the plug was bent a little pit so it's definatley not straight but it's really hard to tell.  Also, I had been using it in west Africa in a place which was prone to power outages.  Being the noob that I am I didn't think to unplugg the charger from the comp for when the power came back (which could have sent surges through the transformer). 

Anyways thanks in advance for the input!

Porcus

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. How do I fix it without spending the hundreds of dollars you mentioned?

My email is available on request. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I just had this same problem on my DV7T, and it eventually stopped charging or recognizing that it was plugged in.  I just now replaced the power jack on it and it still doesn't charge or do anything.  If you could send me any further info on how to possibly fix that, I would greatly appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Bump.

I'd like to know, if you have answers please!

HP Recommended

Now I have it for my old hp 2000.... it's old and everything but recently its been not charging till I have to fold or bend the charger in ine way or another and now I doesnt want to charge and the led has been blinking HELP!!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.