Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr.

The receiver that came with my notebook is a black model one (see picture below), with the following information in its bottom label:

RC1762302/00

3139 228 50021

HP SPS: 435743-001

HP: HSTNN-PRO7

RC6 ir

CP06 60808 A 146218 REV. B

I never managed to make it work, from the very beginning. I know it is working, because I replaced the battery for a brand new one and it shows a blinking IR LED when I press any button and point it to a digital camera.

Searching for "ENE CIR receiver driver" is useless 'cause I received more than one hundred answers - I tried four of them but none worked so far. 

So, instead of trying the whole bunch, I am crying for help -  could someone please tell me which driver is the correct one for this remote model?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Mike  

P.S.: I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 12.04 in this notebook 

Infrared remote.jpg 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46741.exe

File name:
sp46741.exe [1/1, 1.04M]
System requirements:No additional prerequisites
Released:2009-12-31
Version:2.7.4.0 A
Compatibility:Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Fix/Enhancement:Original Software/Drivers
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt answer, Kalt. Unfortunately, it did not work... 😞  

I uninstalled the driver I had in the notebook. Rebooted. Installed this version. Rebooted. Tried with Windows Media Center and HP Media Smart Video, to no avail. I even tried Cyberlink DVD Suite, but I cannot open PowerDVD, 'cause it keeps asking for a serial number (shouldn't it be bundled installed without asking for a S/N???)

Do you know, by any chance, if there is a table of HP Remote Controls versus spxxxxx.exe drivers that I could check?

Mike 

HP Recommended

SUPERB INFORMATION, SHAME THAT MICROSOFT WASN'T AS UP TO DATE!!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Kalt,

The driver also works for Windows 8 installations. Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

toi muon ho tro dieu khien HSTNN-PRO7

HP Recommended

Thanks, helped me a lot!

HP Recommended

I need the driver for infrared remote control receiver for HDX 18 premium series.   Also how do I get into the HP drivers.  It seems to have changed the way to get to the drivers.

HP Recommended

i am facing problam after reinstaled windows 7 (its win7 and 64 bit) 

@Mike_LM wrote:

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr.

The receiver that came with my notebook is a black model one (see picture below), with the following information in its bottom label:

RC1762302/00

3139 228 50021

HP SPS: 435743-001

HP: HSTNN-PRO7

RC6 ir

CP06 60808 A 146218 REV. B

I never managed to make it work, from the very beginning. I know it is working, because I replaced the battery for a brand new one and it shows a blinking IR LED when I press any button and point it to a digital camera.

Searching for "ENE CIR receiver driver" is useless 'cause I received more than one hundred answers - I tried four of them but none worked so far. 

So, instead of trying the whole bunch, I am crying for help -  could someone please tell me which driver is the correct one for this remote model?

Mike  

P.S.: I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 12.04 in this notebook 

Infrared remote.jpg 

HP Recommended

glennn liebens

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.