Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mike_LM Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr.

The receiver that came with my notebook is a black model one (see picture below), with the following information in its bottom label:

RC1762302/00

3139 228 50021

HP SPS: 435743-001

HP: HSTNN-PRO7

RC6 ir

CP06 60808 A 146218 REV. B

I never managed to make it work, from the very beginning. I know it is working, because I replaced the battery for a brand new one and it shows a blinking IR LED when I press any button and point it to a digital camera.

Searching for "ENE CIR receiver driver" is useless 'cause I received more than one hundred answers - I tried four of them but none worked so far. 

So, instead of trying the whole bunch, I am crying for help -  could someone please tell me which driver is the correct one for this remote model?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Mike  

P.S.: I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 12.04 in this notebook 

Infrared remote.jpg 

10 REPLIES
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4523 383 1595
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46741.exe

File name:
sp46741.exe [1/1, 1.04M]
System requirements:No additional prerequisites
Released:2009-12-31
Version:2.7.4.0 A
Compatibility:Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Fix/Enhancement:Original Software/Drivers
Tags (1)
Mike_LM Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt answer, Kalt. Unfortunately, it did not work... :-(  

I uninstalled the driver I had in the notebook. Rebooted. Installed this version. Rebooted. Tried with Windows Media Center and HP Media Smart Video, to no avail. I even tried Cyberlink DVD Suite, but I cannot open PowerDVD, 'cause it keeps asking for a serial number (shouldn't it be bundled installed without asking for a S/N???)

Do you know, by any chance, if there is a table of HP Remote Controls versus spxxxxx.exe drivers that I could check?

Mike 

0 Kudos
nhmelmac Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SUPERB INFORMATION, SHAME THAT MICROSOFT WASN'T AS UP TO DATE!!!

0 Kudos
videoCodec Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kalt,

The driver also works for Windows 8 installations. Thanks for your help!

quochung11se Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

toi muon ho tro dieu khien HSTNN-PRO7

0 Kudos
Sanches Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, helped me a lot!

0 Kudos
drowland Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the driver for infrared remote control receiver for HDX 18 premium series.   Also how do I get into the HP drivers.  It seems to have changed the way to get to the drivers.

0 Kudos
Asif98 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am facing problam after reinstaled windows 7 (its win7 and 64 bit) 

Mike_LM wrote:

I need the correct driver for an infrared remote control (ENE CIR receiver) for Pavilion DV4-2173nr.

The receiver that came with my notebook is a black model one (see picture below), with the following information in its bottom label:

RC1762302/00

3139 228 50021

HP SPS: 435743-001

HP: HSTNN-PRO7

RC6 ir

CP06 60808 A 146218 REV. B

I never managed to make it work, from the very beginning. I know it is working, because I replaced the battery for a brand new one and it shows a blinking IR LED when I press any button and point it to a digital camera.

Searching for "ENE CIR receiver driver" is useless 'cause I received more than one hundred answers - I tried four of them but none worked so far. 

So, instead of trying the whole bunch, I am crying for help -  could someone please tell me which driver is the correct one for this remote model?

Mike  

P.S.: I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Ubuntu 12.04 in this notebook 

Infrared remote.jpg 

0 Kudos
glennharbe Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

glennn liebens

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation