Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-w0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a new touchpad driver on HP's site with a May 2017 date. If I download and install the driver, the date of the driver still says Dec 2016 in Device Manager. My question is this, is my touchpad driver being updated as the date doesn't change and the touchpad seems as flaky as ever? I don't see any error messages during installation.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LVegas

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's an Installation problem with updated touchpad drivers,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Do you mean the touchpad is erratic/flaky whether or not the update is installed?

Have you taken any measures to rectify the touchpad issue?

Does the flaky behavior only appear while using MSOffice Apps?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can try:

Check the Mouse options under control panel: 

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.  

Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."  

Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only." 

If the issue persists, attempt the below steps: 

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse. 

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse: 

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled. 

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’. 

• 2.   Click Device Manager. 

• 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse. 

• 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall". 

• 5.   Restart your computer.

And to answer you question, the updates may not show the accurate date as they might be created at one time but released for public on another time.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I could not find a setting for MS Word.

The problem I've been having is that when you use the touchpad, it will select links even if you don't press down. I've been having this problem since new, HP has replaced the touchpad if I understand their note correctly, and nothing changed. You can search the forum for my previous touchpad issues.

The HP service person told me repeatidly that they knew what my touchpad problem was and that I had to send it in for repair. They kept it 3 weeks and nothing changed beyond the fact I lost use of a brand new computer!

I was hoping that the new driver would help but can't figure out if it's getting installed. I've installed the new driver several times but the driver date does not change.

HP Recommended

@LVegas

Thank you for responding,

I understand your concern now that you've informed about the repair service done by HP and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.