Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery has been sitting at 68% for months and wasn't charging so I bought a new one. Since I had to get the battery number, I also ordered another 8G of memory taking the number off the memory chip in my machine. I installed the battery and it appears to be charging. I installed the memory chip but it came back with a memory management error so I went out to HP.COM and found the maintenance guide and saw that I was supposed to upgrade the Bios, which I did. I re-installed the chip, rebooted, checked the system, it said I had 16G of memory but it then came back with the same memory management error and went off to restart, which didn't happen. The 5 dots on the bottom of the screen kept circling and never rebooted. I removed the chip and the machine is running okay.

What did I do wrong? Did I miss something?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You need to give us the model number of the computer but if it came with a single 8 gig module and an open slot it should take 16 gigs. The new module could be bad. I would run memtest86 on the machine which is a free download to make a bootable memory testing disk. 

HP Recommended

Or just tap F2 as you power up to get into diagnostics and test memory with that. 

HP Recommended

The model number is 15t-ae100 - HP ENVY notebook

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.