Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 - 13-s199nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product:  Pavilion x360 - 13-s199nr, Windows 10 Home

Problem: Unable to install "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver" to enable Rotation, Accelerometer and Gyroscope functions.

History Prior to reinstall of Windows 10, the rotation function worked. 

• Did a new/clean install of Windows 10.
  • When trying to install "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver 3.0.10.3036 Rev.E" I receive an error: "0x00004E24 This platform is not supported."
  • All other drivers installed without error.

Note: This file is located on my driver page, and have attempted to install older versions of the driver with no luck. 

Driver attempting to install: File name: sp74285.exe

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Update: Still not working, was able to get it to work a couple of times:

Narrowed down to HID Sensor Collection V2. Even though driver was alredy installed and showing operational in Device Manger, it wasn't working. I installed again so there were two listed in Device Manager. Step: Installed legacy hardware, sensors, HID Sensor Collection V2.

All of a sudden it worked as expect, rotation worked, flipping into tablet mode worked. 

Well I uninstalled the HID Sensor Collection V2 I installed via Legacy install, as device manager stated it wasn't even started and not working.  Of course now it doesn't work, and going through the steps 100's of times and I am unable to recreated the successful result.

I've installed SensorInfo app from the Store and it provides feedback that all sensors are operational. 

Any feedback would be awesome.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same issue here.

Laptops are HP S150SA and S154SA.

I downloaded this driver from their support site and always getting the same error message.

Driver: sp74285.exe

Error code: 0x00004E24

Error message: This platform is not supported.

I didn't find any solution. I checked device manager, there are installed drivers for "HID sensor collection V2" from Microsoft, but the screen rotation isn't working.

I will try to backup the driver files from the preinstalled OS, maybe it should do the trick.

Did anybody found a way to make it working?

Why do HP publish driver which is not working??

HP Recommended

Try installing 7zip archive utility then make a new folder on your desktop... put the driver sp.exe in the folder. After 7zip is installed you should be able to right-click on the driver package.exe file and then choose "extract here" After the executible is extracted to the folder on your desktop you might be able to install just the driver."inf" via the device manager by choosing to update the drivers for the sensor then navigating to the folder on your desktop with the .inf in it.

HP Recommended

I did, but it doesn't contain any usable file.

There are files without extensions like 0, u0, u1... u67. (these are the filenames)

HP Recommended

I don't have your model laptop but I figured I would try to help anyway... you do have the settings in your folder options to "show file extensions" correct? if so I guess those U files could be HP specific file extensions but I wouldn't see the need for them to do such (like MS and .cab containers) 

If they are HP specific the file infs are still in there, just have to find a way to open them further... 

HP Recommended

Does anyon think this maybe something to do with windows 10 constantly updating the drivers on the device and possibly overwriting some important files that may be used for the verification.

There seems no way to stop windows 10 from doing this

HP Recommended

Update: Working

So I found out the issue, and it was a user induced problem.

I installed a program that O&O ShutUp10, which controls the level of privacy with Windows 10. One of the options (Don't remember which option) disabled the use of the rotation functions in Windows.

So if anybody is using a similar tool to modify Windows 10 Privacy settings, and are unable to rotate the screen I would troubleshoot to see which one could be disabling the sensors interaction with Win10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.