Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody

I've upgraded my HP NC2400 to windows 8.1

I have problem with Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection : code 12 and it cannot start up.

Tried several "new" drivers and also automatic detection : still no good driver installed...

Maybe you can help ?

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

Download and run this Vista driver.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=1847704&sp...

Close out of any error windows you may get.

Go to the device manager and click on the network controller needing drivers.

Then click on the driver tab. Click on Update driver. Select the Browse my computer for driver software and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That file will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp54791.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Hi & thank you

But it does not work ...

Checked and did like you told twice but still not the good driver...

It gives a code 12 not enough ressources...

BR

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

I don't see why that card wouldn't work on W8/8.1.

Try one more thing.

Browse to that file again using the above method and this time select the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Then select Have disk, and browse to C:\SWSetup\spsp54791\NETwLv32, and see if the file installs that way.

HP Recommended
Tried that way but still same problem.
Problem is not installing driver : real problem is make an installed driver work for this wireless wifi card. Each driver tried gives the famous code 12.

I tried also to change this wifi card by another mounted in a HP laptop but then it does not start computer blocks while starting with no message...

Best regards
HP Recommended

Thanks!!!! It Work for me..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.