Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting my laptop to the Internet. The laptop cannot even seem to detect any wireless networks (despite other devices being able to do so), even though this was not an issue beforehand. I troubleshooted it, and received the message "The Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problem." so I tried researching through the forums. Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution, other than to go to the Device Manager. Under 'Network adapters', the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC7265 signals an issue (it has a !). It says the status of the device is "This device cannot start. (Code 10). {Operation Failed}. The requested operation was unsuccessful." Before this, I remember it being Code 45, something about the hardware not being connected.

I went to events where it says the device was installed but also that "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver.. (..) with the following status: 0x0."

I believe this issue was caused yesterday when I was shutting down my laptop - I think it was configuring the device/going through some sort of update when I forced shut it down (the screen was black and I was unaware at the time it was configuring) and that's when I was having trouble connecting to the Internet. When I first went into Device Manager, it just said something about the device requiring further installation but after going through all the possible solutions on forums, it became a Code 10. I tried to update the driver software but it says "Window has determined the driver software for your device is up to date", restarting the Internet modem, restarting the laptop, resetting the whole laptop, going to Recovery - all with no avail. Sorry for the very long and detailed post, but if someone could please help, I'd appreciate it very much (it's the only laptop I have currently and about a week old). Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks for providing the detailed info.

Here's what I recommend.

Download the latest Intel 7265 AC wlan driver.  The 2nd driver on the left side of the page is what you want.

Transfer the driver to your PC with a usb flash drive.  Don't run the file yet.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25603/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

Go to the device manager and right click on the problem Intel wlan adapter.

Select Uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Reboot the PC and install the latest driver you just downloaded and see if that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks for providing the detailed info.

Here's what I recommend.

Download the latest Intel 7265 AC wlan driver.  The 2nd driver on the left side of the page is what you want.

Transfer the driver to your PC with a usb flash drive.  Don't run the file yet.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25603/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10

Go to the device manager and right click on the problem Intel wlan adapter.

Select Uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Reboot the PC and install the latest driver you just downloaded and see if that resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a 3 month old spectre x360 with windows 10. Last night I did an update including a BIOS update and since then the ac 7265 disconnect 3 mins after I turn on the machine. I tried HP troubleshooting and the steps above. In the device manager I  see no updates for the adapter (latest version installed) and I cannot uninstall it (the uninstall utility takes ages). In the hp troubleshooter I get "protocol bindings are incorrect (906) as the possible connectivity issue but applying the fix and re-checking doesn't work either. I  also downloaded the driver from intel's web page but it won't install (on top of the existing installation). 

Is is there a way to go back to a previous driver (without uninstalling the ac 7265, since that won't work) or any other patch to apply?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.