Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 14-am015na
Having trouble with my lap top. Last week when i was using it suddenly the wifi just went away completely. I did not get an option to even choose wifi. It asked me to put an ether nett cable in. I tool the battery out and in and the wifi came back. However I'm whenever i try to use a program that requires Internet it come up "not responding". I have tried to search for solutions but nothing happens. How can I fix this problem?
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Ingvild,

Thanks for visiting the HP community.:) A very good day to you! 🙂  I read the post about losing wireless connectivity on the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and spectacular analysis of the issue. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 We greatly value your relationship with HP.  

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would need to gather more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a software or windows update?
  • Do other devices connect to the same network without hassles?
  • Have you tried this computer on a different network like a Wi-Fi hotspot or at a library?

For starters please perform these steps:

• Open Control Panel, change view to Small Icons, then select "Recovery".
    - After creating a Restore Point, open Device Manager.
    - Open the "Network Adapter" list, and find the WiFi adapter.
    - Right Click the driver, and select "Disable“ and “Re-Enable”
    - Check if Wifi connects. If not, continue with the steps below.
    - Open CMD as Admin:  Copy the following commands, and press enter after each one.
  • To open the command prompt admin window in windows 10, please follow this step
  • Right click at Start > click Command Prompt (Admin)

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global  (Check if All settings have taken effect)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

If it does not please visit this link and perform all the prescribed steps to try and fix the issue: http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-14-am000-Notebook-PC-series/10862182/model/14019315/document/...

If this does not work please try all the steps from this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Common-fixes-for-wireless-connectivity...

This should definitely do the trick for you

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

> Last week when i was using it suddenly the wifi just went away completely.

Some laptops have a key-combination, e.g,. press-and-hold the 'FN' key (at bottom-left) of your keyboard,

and press/release one of the twelve "Fnn" keys, that can enable/disable the WiFi adapter.

Did you accidentally "touch-type" that sequence, instead of "SHIFT" and one of the numeric keys?

Other laptops have a "button" or a "slider" switch to enable/disable the WiFi adapter.

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the answers but I'm afraid it hasn't worked. The Internet is there for about 5mins and then nothing is responding again. I bought the laptop one month ago and the latest update was on the 2nd of feb. My phone is connected to the same wifi and i have no problems with that. I have not tried it on an other network.
HP Recommended

> I bought the laptop one month ago.

It is time for HP to "earn" the money that you paid them for the laptop, by exercising your warranty.

Scroll-down to the bottom-left of this web-page, to see Contact HP immediately above Careers.

Click there to get HP to try to trouble-shoot your computer, over the telephone, or to get authorization to ship the laptop to an authorized HP Service Depot, for repair or replacement.

Or, just take it back to where you bought it -- some stores have a "30-day-refund" policy.

HP Recommended
I have now tried to contact hp over the phone, but all i get is that the number cannot ve recognised.
I have also emailed amazon again,who i bought the laptop from about the situation.
HP Recommended

> All I get is that the number cannot be recognised.

In what country are you?

What number did you dial?

Do you need to click the "country selector" just above the "About Us" hyperlink, to switch from "United States" to your country?

More details, please.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.