Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 4530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it stops correctly). It does this with a NEW Windows without any drivers from Internet or installed by myself. It is fine when starting in safe mode (even with network). What I tried:

- changing the Intel driver (tested version 7, 9, 10)

- disabling fast boot

- turning off hibernate

- disabling devices in "device manager"

- uninstalling drivers of those devices

- changing the registry value of PowerDownAfterShutdown

- disabling in BIOS all the devices, less the CDdrive which has the SSD, from which I boot

- disabling in BIOS wakeup on lan - disabling in BIOS some other power parameters

- disabling in BIOS second videocard.

The drivers and the BIOS were updated to the last version. No "question marks" in Device Manager

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @maaii

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

Your PC model does not officially support Windows 10, HP has never released officially Windows 10 compatible drivers. Therefore, any issues are expected with unsupported operating system. If you need to run Windows on this PC, good choice woult be Windows 7 or 8.1 (both stable and supported by HP on this model and by Microsoft).

Alternatively, you can run Linux Ubuntu as a main single host operating system and have Virtual machines (VirtualBox from Oracle) to run virtual Windows (any Windows) > https://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginner-geek-how-to-create-and-use-virtual-machines/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Your answer is total garbage.

My question was addressed to people, smart enough, to figure out what's happening.

PS: HP products are not compatible by default: HP 450 G2, sound issues with HP latest drivers, BIOS and Windows update.

PPS: concerning the first issue, it is true that an i5/8GB of RAM and 750GB SSD are "not compatible" with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

you know the problem is very dificult to solve when even the experts from HP can't find a solution :Wink:

HP Recommended

@maaii wrote:

you know the problem is very dificult to solve when even the experts from HP can't find a solution :Wink:

Hello @maaii

I am sorry for the issues you experience. However, there is nothing else to solve - I already posted what is the root cause of the problem - unsupported officially operating system and driver issues. That is what it is generally. If there is anything specific in your PC which I am not aware of but you know - it cannot be commented.

The problem is be solved (should be solved) if you run a supported operating system - Windows 7 or 8.1.

Your PC even supports Windows XP - there are drivers available for it. Your PC model was released long before Windows 10 was even created/released in public.

More information > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

HP PCs manufactured before August of 2013 might not have a complete set of hardware and/or drivers required to use all of the features in Windows 10.
  • HP is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for these PC products.
  • If you choose to use Windows 10 some features, applications, and connected devices might not work as expected.
  • If you still wish to proceed with using Windows 10 on an untested system, please visit the Windows support site for information and support.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

What about this one: HP 450 G2, no headset sound: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-headsets-sound/m-p/5980852#M81878

PS: just for your knowledge, the 4530 DOESN't HAVE full support on  XP. I know it better.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.