Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm hoping someone can help.

Last night, my 3 year old and I were watching a movie on my HP Envy and she fell asleep. I laid the laptop on the floor and left the room. Hours later she comes out and tells me she had an accident, but I couldn't find any trace of it in our bed, so I assumed she woke up before she completely finished.

Well...I was wrong. Today, I went to use the laptop and noticed the bottom was all wet. I smelled it and realized it was pee. She had stood up and gone on the floor next to the laptop.

Now, it turns on and immediately turns off. The screen doesn't light up or anything. The power button lights up, as does the WiFi button, but then immediately shuts off.

What are my options here? Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Jocelyn,

Welcome to the Forum.

You cannot run a computer that is wet, regardless of the source of the dampness.

At the least, you have to open the notebook as much as possible - remove the battery unless it is sealed inside, and then let the notebook dry out for several days.  You might try using rice in a tightly meshed bag to help draw out any wetness.  Wrap the notebook in the meshed rice bag and put the whole thing in a dry, well ventilated area.  Do not put your notebook in an oven, on a stove, or near any direct source of heat.  Do not put the notebook in direct sunlight.

Because of the source of the wetness, even assuming there is not hardware damage, you may not want to run the notebook after it dries out.  If I were you, I would dry out the notebook and then take it to a reputable repair shop to have it looked at.  It may be possible to clean the notebook well enough that it can again be used.  This does assume that there is not hardware damage, which is a distinct possiblity.  This is not because the source is Urine necesssarily, it is just that notebooks and water or liquid of any type do not get along.

If you have a warranty on the notebook, or even if you do not have one, you can always call HP for help.

Contact HP - Worldwide

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

Good Luck!

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.