Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 Notebook L2W54EA#A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had this problem for over a month now, I am not entirely sure where this question would fit in so I'm sorry if thi is in the wrong place.

My laptop keeps crashing; completely freezeing, mouse and keyboard will not respond and will screen stay frozen, hard reset is always needed. This has happened at least twice a day for a month. It does not seem to have any problems when it is plugged in through the ethernet, but this is not always a viable option.

I have run diagonostic check on the hard drive, the RAM, updated the wireless drivers (as I origingally though it could be a dodgy update creating this problem) and done a comeplete system restore.

I did get a blue screen error yesterday (first time this has happened in all the time it has been crashing) which gave me the error code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. But when I searched this it came up with stuff about the BIos with no real help on how to solve this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Kbabz22, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your laptop keeps freezing and crashing.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your laptop?

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

To restore BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key on the keyboard.

You will boot into BIOS from file tab select restore defaults.

Select yes to confirm. Press F10 to save changes and exit.

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

1. Ensure your temperatures are within the standard and nothing's overheating. 

2. Try updating the BIOS.

3. Try updating the drivers to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.