Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
my hp Laptop pavilion g6 i3 not booting, caps lock blinks in white colour and also the power botton
, wireless indicator glows orange and charging indicator glows in white.. I tried taking out batt. And power on without.. Remove RAM and checked on both the slots, not working still.. What could be the problem?
HP Recommended

so what is the solution for this problem? 

HP Recommended
When I was going to buy more ram for my laptop I wanted to see how many ram slots there were so when I looked I only saw 2 but 1 card in it so I took the card out to inspect it but as I put it in and close all the lids up and turn in my laptop it came up with 3 caps lock lights then pause and contiuesly happening over again then I discovered why there is a special way to put them in you need to put them in on a 150 degree angle then slid in in then it should make a click then it means that it is sercurly in you might also know that when you eject one of the ram cards it spits it out on that angle so you have to slid it in then push down
HP Recommended

Hello.  My 2014 HP ENvy crashsed yesterday after freezing and a forced shut down.  I tried everything and ran accross this forum a few hours ago.  I tried the blanket thing but it  did not boot after I turned it on again.  After some digging I found this video that confirmed the towel trick and the reason why it works (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgH98o3cu0A).  I looked at each of the 15 pages of posts to see if there was another method.  You must remove/unplug the CMOS battery in your laptop (posted on page 14, dont remember users name).  I did that and re-connected everything and it booted, saying I have a BIOS problem, which matched the blinking indicator code (its on HP site https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (04/26/2017)

HP Recommended

The name is PratapJain who posted on 9/25/15

HP Recommended

Remove the CMOS battery as instructed by PratapJain who posted on 9/25/15.  Search google images to find what/where CMOS battery is if you dont know.  It's an obvious circular battery with wires attached. Easily accessible. 

HP Recommended
Reset as per pratap. Still same blinking caps lock. Other ideas? Thanks
HP Recommended
I have one white blink which repeats so a cpu issue? N therefore this cmos solution doesn't work?
HP Recommended

I've been working in computers since I was 8 I know the difference between a CPU and a hard drive (or I would hope I do!),  the CPU on these is certainly removable and swappable.

OK, I bow to your experience.  I have disassembled A G56 to replace the fan, so it is not too difficult.  Looking at eBay, a replacement motherboard can be had for around $50.  Is it worth it to try to replace only the CPU, or just replace the entire motherboard and be done with it?  Possible you can provide a Photobucket or other such link with some photos showing what the CPU looks like?  Is it easy to replace, and cost effective over just replacing the motherboard?  Thanks, Bob

HP Recommended
Solution is simple you just have to re insert your ram properly
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.