Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The probles was the caps lock blink, no video, ram ok, cpu ok. I overheating the gpu, and fix the problem. 

Pass one: remove the mobo, no HD,no memory, no video, no wi fi card,no battery

pass two: Disconnect & remove the fan.

pass three: Connectthe mobo to power supply.

pass four: turn on and wait till computer turns off by overheating,

pass five: connect vga and memory

pass six: remove psup

pass seven: keep poweron button 30-40second

pass eight: connect power supply & vga connector

You should see the screen logo. Good luck to all!

HP Recommended

I still have to overheat the pc evertime I want to use it.  Can't find a permanent fix. Wish I knew what actually causes this so I could fix it.

HP Recommended

The real solutios is reflowing the vga. That is with solder station....

HP Recommended

The vga output port? or do you mean where the laptop screen is connected to the mb? If thats all it is I could have fixed it a long time ago. Have you read about this somewhere? do you have a link?

HP Recommended

nope, you have to acces to the mobo.  U have to remove the mobo, then the heatsink, beneath that is the cpu & north bridge. The Vga is chip located besides the cpu socket and under the heatsink.  this is the service manual. Be carefull when removing components, electrostatic burns it all. GOOD LUCK 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01740724.pdf

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

My laptop, hp. G56-122US Notebook which i had kept in stand by mood for some time did not start again rather the caps lock started blinking and the numerical lock turned pink red. Screen of the P.C turned blank despite my repeated attempts to resume it. It happened several times since yesterday any time i kept the P.C in hibernation mood. Previously such thing has never happened. Please let me know the cause and the solution so that this state of thing is not repeated again.

HP Recommended

Hi, so the notebook is running,but freezes when hibernating?.

what O.S do you have?, Is 32 or 64 bits?, 

Try disable hibernate & check sleep mode... 

Also make a new partition & install a brand new O.S.

Goog luck

HP Recommended

YOU ARE AWESOME!

So, I just photographed a wedding last night and need to convert al my images. I was 1/4 the way through, decided to go to Bestbuy for a new external hard drive to free up space and be more organized. Got back and my computer was doing exactly what you reported = won't load and the caps was flashing. 

After freaking out about my lost time and searching laptop prices on my phone. I found this forum and read your response mainly because I haven't been on these either and you stated that right away. I told me boyfriend and wrapped up the laptop in a blanket on the sofa. IT WORKED! After about 10-15 minutes it powered off and when I went to start it up - it started right away! I am now backing-up as I type (literally).

THANK YOU for taking the time to help!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a HP G62 laptop. Same problem as you had -- will not boot up and cap lock blinking.

when I wanted it to boot up, I used the same method as you mentioned:

"So I took my laptop, wrapped it tight into one of my sweaters, and let it run for about 20-30 minutes... I came back 30 minutes later, it was right hot, but the computer had actually powered itself off.... well I then tryed to power it back on, and voila ... it works... hope this may help some of you"

I actually used heavy blanket, for about 30 minutes, worked every time for me. But I have to leave the computer on all the time because once I shout it down it will not boot up, and I have to go through the same thing again.

HP Recommended
Try to wrap up the computer in a heavy blanket with power ON for 30 minutes or more to let it become right HOT, then turn off the power, and turn it back on right away. It may work this way. Pleas let me know. Mine works every time.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.