Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bhav-9763 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop unexpectedly shuts down when around 30% battery power

HP Notebook N7J80EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

For the past couple of weeks I have seem to be running into an issue in which the laptop that I am using would shut down unexpectedly when around 30% battery life and unplugged. This as led to a host of other issues such as work not being saved before it decides to shut down and similar issues.

I am not that much of a computer person, so the only thing that I could think of to find out what the problem may be was doing a battery diagnostics check through the HP support assistance, which states that the battery is in working order.

I have no idea what is causing such an issue and I am badly looking for a solution, if anybody has had a similar problem and/or knows a solution to this issue please provide some light to the issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1252
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Bhav-9763,

Is your PC under warranty ?

Verify the warranty status here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty   

Does your PC shutdown having AC Adapter connected, have you tested !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Bhav-9763 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes my laptop is under warranty (type: Carepack) and has been still under warranty for quite a long time. With when it is shutting down, it shuts down when it gets to ~30% and not connected to the power supply (AC adaptor) and it won't turn back on until it is connected to a power supply.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation