Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yeah it was me. Thanks for the details. I was successful in changing both hinges and back cover. It's perfect fit and the grip is firm now. But I am not able to see anything on the screen. The system starts but I see a silverish haze that brightens all over the screening 2 mins. Only way to see and use my laptop is to connect external monitor. So it means the drivers are fine, may be something's wrong with LCD wire. When I open and close laptop I see my screen at some point while closing laptop lid.
HP Recommended

At this point it seems like the video cable has developed a break in it _ I suspect it was sent over the edge from the repair. It was probably marginal from being stretched with your hinge problem to begin with.

For now you can perform a hard reset _ unplug adapter and everything _ remove the battery.

Hold down the power button for 1 full minute _ plug only the adapter back in and boot up _ the next time it's shut right down install the battery. (that may fix your new problem, but unlikely)

Another common problem that people face is the cable has not been seated all the way into the mother board and/or not squarely into the plug on the MoBo _ this needs to be checked before assuming the cable is broken.

Also look for bent pins on the MoBo _ test things before fully assembling the machine.

Do you need help finding a new cable (assuming the old one is shot) ?

Good for you on the repair BTW :generic: _ not many people can fix a lptop.

HP Recommended
Perfect solution. Changed LCD wire, cost me 12 bucks. Now my laptop is working perfect.
HP Recommended
Thanks so much
HP Recommended

:OpenSmile:

I'm glad it worked out ! It seemed like the cable, but you never know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.