Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2000-369WM notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen resolution is set at the reccomended setting of 1366x768 however a yellow triangle message "Your resolution is less then 1200x900.  Some items might not fit on your screen."   Some of my programs, such as Roxio programs give me messages stateing my resolution is below 1200x900 and will not work.  My slides and video seem to work fine.  I have set the resolution to different settings above 1200x900 but to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @brainstrain

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having an issue with the Resolution on your HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC. You had mentioned receiving an error message that states " Your resolution is less then 1200x900.  Some items might not fit on your screen."

Have you tried in the Device Manager to update the driver that is currently installed? 

Have you run the HP Support Assistant to bring in any new drivers?

Have you tried to; 

• Uninstall the driver
  • Restart the Notebook twice
  • Reinstall the driver?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. 

Updated Windows 10 drivers will become available on the HP 2000-369WM Drivers and Downloads Page for your product. They will be released as they become available to HP.

Did this issue happen after you had upgraded to Windows 10 or was it happening before?

Have you done all of your Windows Updates?

I have included a troubleshooting recommendation from Microsoft below. 

Capture.PNG

I was researching the issue for you to find as many solutions as possible. I came across someone else who had a similar issue. They wrote to Microsoft and there is also a response there with troubleshooting steps attached you could try. The post is called If your resolution is below 1280 x 960, some items may not fit on the screen.

Please re-post and let me know if these work. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @brainstrain

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having an issue with the Resolution on your HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC. You had mentioned receiving an error message that states " Your resolution is less then 1200x900.  Some items might not fit on your screen."

Have you tried in the Device Manager to update the driver that is currently installed? 

Have you run the HP Support Assistant to bring in any new drivers?

Have you tried to; 

• Uninstall the driver
  • Restart the Notebook twice
  • Reinstall the driver?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. 

Updated Windows 10 drivers will become available on the HP 2000-369WM Drivers and Downloads Page for your product. They will be released as they become available to HP.

Did this issue happen after you had upgraded to Windows 10 or was it happening before?

Have you done all of your Windows Updates?

I have included a troubleshooting recommendation from Microsoft below. 

Capture.PNG

I was researching the issue for you to find as many solutions as possible. I came across someone else who had a similar issue. They wrote to Microsoft and there is also a response there with troubleshooting steps attached you could try. The post is called If your resolution is below 1280 x 960, some items may not fit on the screen.

Please re-post and let me know if these work. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

there was a driver update I  installed for my video card, but it didn't correct my problem.  I went to the link suggested in post and checked my funt size.  It was set at 125, I then set the funt to the defualt 100 as suggested and that corrected the problem. Sorry I didn't get back sooner.  Thanks loads.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.