Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the information. First off, I would suggest downloading and installing the following driver 'JMB38X CardReader Driver'. Once the installation has completed, please restart your notebook. After restarting please check the Device Manager to see if you still have any flags.

If you still have flags in the Device Manager. Another option that you can try is the HP Support Assistant. I have included the document 'Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7, Windows Vista)'. Please select the option for Maintaining your computer and installing the latest updates, and follow through the steps.

Please let me know if you are still getting any flags after this, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I posted to this site because of similar issue, but not with the same device.  I was hoping that someone would tell me where I can get the drives because it appears that my registry is corrupt.  Also,  I'm not able to do a recovery because I had migrated from Windows Visa to Windows 7.  The Vista was just simply a dogged system.  Any ways to resolve my issue would of great help.  Thank you.

Buludada

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would still suggest following the above steps for the driver re-install. Now if I am understanding correctly, you have stated that your registry is corrupt. This means that you would need to complete a full recovery on your system, and fully reinstall Windows. I have included the document 'Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

That's great!  I will read through the HP System Recovery. On another note,  HP support told me today that I couldn't perform a full recovery because my orginal platform was Windows Vista.  Is this a problem?  Thank you.

-Buludada

HP Recommended

Hi,

You will be able to do the system recovery, you will just need to make sure that you either have a full installation CD of Windows 7. Or your original Windows Vista disks, and then upgrade to 7.

Regards.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hoping an expert can help me identify and locate my missing Base System Device driver. Tried to reinstall driver by automatically searching for updated drivers, but no go. Also tried to point it at my recovery drive to find the driver, again, no dice. Didn't try the "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" as I don't even know what type of device it is. So you guys are my last ditch effort. Please help me as the computer seems to have boot issue as result, as a result I haven't turned off the laptop in weeks. Thanks in advance. Device status and Hardware Ids below. Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers.

System

HP Pavililion dv2713ca laptop

Windows XP 32bit

Device Status

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0803&SUBSYS_3096103C&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0803&SUBSYS_3096103C

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0803&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0803&cc_0880

I have a few other errors on other devices, but am hoping finding the proper driver for the Base System Device will fix them, as the other errors did not appear till the Base System Device driver 

HP Recommended

Hi canukeneh,

For the Hardware IDs that are listed, this appears to be your Ricoh Card Reader. I have included a link here to the HP Driver and Download page, for the 'Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver'. Please download, and install the driver. Once the install is complete you may have to restart your computer for it to take effect.

Please let me know if this works for you, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Lisa. However,  I just realized I made a mistake, and my OS is actually Vista 32 bit. My bad. The page you linked me to appears to be only for XP, is there another link you can direct me to for the Vista version? I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

No worries, I have included the link here for Vista, 'Ricoh Media Card Reader Host Controller Driver'. Please let me know if this works, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Lisa,

Sorry I didn't not get back to you sooner. I did not have a chance till now to try your solution. Evertyhing seemed to install properly, and asked me to restart which I did, Unfortunately, it did not seem to work. I have the same error, and upon startup it says new devices have been detected, and if I'd like to find/install drivers now. I tried pointing it at the directory where the driver exe file extracted all the files to, but it said it could not find the appropriate file. Another thing to note is that it appears that a removable disk drive is also detected, and the safely remove disk drive message icon appears on the bottom bar. Yet I have no usb flash drive plugged in to any usb ports. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.