Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok! I really thank you for the support! I'm going to figure it out.
Question: If I re-install the Windows 7, and get the audio ID's from there.. That'd help to find the correct driver for XP? Because here, do not show any PCI driver about audio device.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

That might work, but your notebook isn't designed to run W7 either, so you will have to use these drivers.

I will assume 64 bit because 32 bit drivers have to come from other places.

First install the amd chipset driver and reboot.  You want the 49.7 MB file.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64

Then you can use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software from this model except the graphics and wireless (and you can use the same wireless driver I posted because that is good for multiple operating systems).

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

This W7 graphics driver should work for your model:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111219-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

I have no problem with Windows 7 drivers. I have all of them. I was using Windows 7 before.
So, I re-installed Windows 7 to get the ID's.

Let's see if it'll work and we can find the audio device driver for XP. There is two PCI Devices (both working, not problem with audio).

1. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D9&SUBSYS_103C188F&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D9&SUBSYS_103C188F

and the second;

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100

Well, let's see what we can do, right?

Waiting for you answer..

Regards,

Andi.

HP Recommended

OK, Andi:

I think I found it. 

The XP setup file in this driver has the hardware ID in it, which means that the driver is good for more than just W7 x64 but you may not be able to actually run the exe using XP.  But there is an XP 32 bit driver folder within this file.

%ST.DeviceDesc%=STHDA,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D9&SUBSYS_103C188F

After you install the chipset, graphics and msuaa driver, rebooting after each installation try this>

Download but do not run this driver...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-107964-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Then download and install this free file utility.

http://7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the IDT audio driver you downloaded and select the 7-Zip option from the menu.

Select 7-Zip to Extract to: and I let it extract the exe to the name of the file so it is easy to find in the next step.

OK...here is where the hard part is...you are going to have to find what device in XP has that IDT hardware ID you posted, because I think that is the only way you are going to be able to install the driver.

When you find it, click on it and then click on the driver tab. Click  on update driver and select the manual search and then select the Have Disk method of installation.

Browse to the driver folder that 7-zip created\WDM\WinXP\STHDA, and select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Well, I could't find what device in XP has the ID.
I did check ALL DEVICES, ALL, and no one has HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D9&SUBSYS_103C188F as ID.
Really don't understand where it is.
Anymore sugestions? I really appreciate your help, but I don't want to be the guy which stands where causing troubles for you.

Regards,

Andi.

HP Recommended

Hi, Andi:

I don't understand why the device has completely disappeared from sight when you install XP.

By any chance do you have an XP SP2 installation disk?  My understanding is that it is easier to get the audio to work on XP SP2 than on SP3 and then you can just do the update to SP3.

Here is a link to an old XP downgrade guide for HP notebooks.  Read the audio info under the Difficult Models section and see if any suggestions/drivers there help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/General-XP-Downgrade-Guide-for-...

Unfortunately, there isn't anything more I can do to help you with this issue.

If the device is not showing up, then no driver is going to work because the driver file doesn't see the device either which is why it is erroring out (and some may not have the hardware ID for the specific audio chip in your model).

HP Recommended

I'm sorry that I took so long to answer your question. I was dealing with some problems.

Anyway,

I installed SP2, but the only difference was that NOW it shows the PCI Driver called : Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, there is 2 with this name.

Before, in SP3 had it too. But was already installed.

Then I tried to install just the way you told me to do: Chipset > Graphic Driver > Audio Driver, but nothing had change.

I'm using dual boot, Windows XP/7, so i'm going to stay like this 'til I find some way to fix the problem.

Anyway, thank you for the help and attention,

Regards,

Andi.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you first install the msuaa driver before you installed the audio driver on SP2?

That is an absolute must.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Look who's back.

So, I solved my problem. I used an .iso fully of drivers and then, when I restarted my Notebook, there is no problem anymore.

I forgot to put here that I had solve, sorry about that.

Anyway, I got a new HP.

The model is an HP 1342sf, and I intalled Windows XP SP2.

But I'm having the same problem here with the audio. And the .iso didnt work.

The .iso installed the Audio driver, I'm able to open the audio settings, but i do not have any audio.

Could you help me with this one?

Name: High Definition Audio

ID's: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C3567&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C3567

the second: High Definition Audio

ID's: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100

Thank you for the support!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

As you can see from the ID's you posted, they are the same as before, and if the steps and links I posted don't work, then again, unfortunately I won't be able to help you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.