Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I went over the Intel webiste and found out there is an upgraded version to my graphics card, but it will not work on my Laptop (DV4-1028US). It says Customized computer manufacturer driver detected. Please contact the computer manufacturer for possible updates. This driver has been out for over two months and still nothing has been posted or updated on HP. Does anyone know when they might be upgrading the driver or if not, is there a way to install the one from Intel?
Message Edited by Middog on 11-27-2008 07:31 AM
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
bumped to see if anyone can answer this
HP Recommended

Hello Middog,

The one listed for your notebook: ( SP39811 ) :

Released:   2008-06-06

Version:   7.15.10.1502 A

Description:   This package provides the graphics driver for the Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.
Enhancements:   Original Software/Drivers

Are you looking for: ( SP39904 ) :

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Driver (32-bit) 

Release Date: 2008-07-24          

Version: 7.15.10.1502 A   

Description:

This package provides the video/graphics driver for the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems. This driver enables video display and provides a user interface for setting various display properties.

Fixes:

The drivers provided in this package to support the Intel GM45/GL40 Express Chipset Family include:

Graphics driver version 7.15.10.1502.

HDMI audio driver version 6.10.00.2056.

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
HP Recommended

I HAVE upgrade my Dv4 1070ee from vista to windows 7 home (32bit). when i inshtall this from the HP site. it give an error stating that operating system not supported... can any one please help me..

HP Recommended

Is there anyone who can help me!!!!!

HP Recommended

@ Zeeshu

When receiving errors when upgrting to Vista I always do a clean install.

Here is a guide from Cheryl where you delete rather then format the hard drive. Formatting doesn't always get rid of the Vista baggage that can cause errors.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-clean-install-part-1.htm

Burn some recovery disc's for Vista as a precaution, burn the SwSetup folder in drive "C" for the drivers and software you may need later and save all your personal items.

After the install load your chip set driver first then your video card.

You could spend hours or days trying to figure out what registry file is missing or causing the error(s).

From my experience this is always the best route to go.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3767164&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us...

HP also supports your model for W7. You could also use the drivers and software from Vista if the W7 one won't work.

HP Recommended

windows 7 is working properly, when i open windows manger chipset is working properly. but is not getting update.. i have downloadind DRIVER Whiz. it say that this is out of date.

HP Recommended

If W7 is running fine and all your external devices are functioning properly, then don't update any thing.

I will run Driver Whiz later today and I will tell you what I think of it. I don't have an answer as to why HP says that you OS is not supported.

It could be that you have the latest chip set driver and there is nothing to update. How long have you been using Driver Whiz ?

Can you trust it ?

Have you tried installing the driver from the HP website for you model ?  From what I have read it looks like you are trying to do it from the device manager. Try running Windows update and see if it finds any thing.

HP Recommended

@Zeeshu

Hi,

If You are trying to install drivers posted by CorMit above then don't worry. They are not for Windows 7.

All drivers from HP for Your model You may find here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.