Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP ProBook4445s. Recently it got infested by ants overnight without me knowing the next day when I opened my laptop Enter key isnt working. Ive tried the "pop the key and use alcohol to clean" but its still not working also tried sticky keys and other tricks its still doesnt. please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please contact a local technician at your place with your Notebook and request with them to connect an external

keyboard to your Notebook and check if all the keys are working normal

OR

Please contact the point of purchase where you bought the Notebook from and request with them to connect an

external keyboard to your Notebook and check if all the keys are working normal

OR 

You can borrow an external keyboard from your friends if possible, just for testing purpose

Note: I am insisting you to perform this step to confirm the hardware fault with the "Enter Key" on your Notebook

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are having issues with the Keyboard on your Notebook.

We will surely assist you with this.

Let’s start with a questions:
1. Was there any liquid split on the Notebook Keyboard

2. Is there any Dust settled on the Notebook Keyboard

3. Are there any Keys which are fallen off / Any Keys which are loose

Troubleshooting:
Step 01. Could you please check and verify if External Keyboard works fine or not? If it works we need to replace the Notebook Keyboard

Note: Please click on the below shown link to find more troubleshooting steps
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
I work on behalf of HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

1 & 2 yea but 3 nope and btw i have win 7 home premium not win 8

HP Recommended
Did you test your notebook with an external keyboard or not. If yes could you please tell me if all the keys worked or not ??

Regards
KNRK
I work on behalf of HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

i dont have an external keyboard but what i can say is that all the keys are working properly except the enter 

HP Recommended

Please contact a local technician at your place with your Notebook and request with them to connect an external

keyboard to your Notebook and check if all the keys are working normal

OR

Please contact the point of purchase where you bought the Notebook from and request with them to connect an

external keyboard to your Notebook and check if all the keys are working normal

OR 

You can borrow an external keyboard from your friends if possible, just for testing purpose

Note: I am insisting you to perform this step to confirm the hardware fault with the "Enter Key" on your Notebook

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.