Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recenlty had a virus removed from my Hp pavilion laptop and along with it my Simplepass finger scan was removed along with other apps that i was able to recover. I just cant seem to Get my Simple pass back! Can someone please help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @YewGOGlennCOco,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that you are having issues with HP Simple pass not working on your HP Pavilion notebook after the recent virus removal. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP simple pass software?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

In the meantime, let's start off by uninstalling and reinstalling HP Simple pass software.

Control Panel > set icon view > Programs and Features - Uninstall the program. Now restart the PC and then try to install the software either from HP Recovery manager - application and driver installation or you could install it from our HP Support website, using this link.

Open the file > Click on Download > Click “Open in Adobe Reader”

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.