cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hfmets
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My charger keeps on getting recognized as a USB drive instead of charging the laptop...

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I plug in my charger, I am often met with the notification that a USB device has been plugged into the laptop. The laptop does not start charging and the charger is recognized as a USB drive. What is going on and how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @hfmets,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the charger is getting detected as a USB device. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you updated all the drivers for your computer?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here for assistance. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Are you using the charger that came with the computer?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Once all the drivers are updated, please check if the charger works fine. 

If the issue persists, uninstall battery controller and USB controller from device manager. 

Delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart your computer couple times to refresh the driver. 

Run HP Support Assistant again to check for updates again. 

Let me know how ti goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation