Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello supernovaraven,

I understand that your computer will not boot and is making a beeping sound.

Turn off the computer, remove the power cable and hold down the power button for 15 sec.

This will reset the hard ware in the computer.

Do you notice a pattern for the beeping?

Make sure none of the keys a stuck.

Do you see anything on the screen while it is beeping?

You may need to open the computer and reseat the memory and the HDD.

Please post your product and model number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

The beeping is prolonged and gradually grows in length. The reset didn't work. It's still beeping. I play it through my TV and it says that there is no signal. It's a Compaq Presario SR5045AN desktop PC. It doesn't say the product code. I got it second hand from my uncle-in-law.

HP Recommended

supernovaraven,

If you can get anything to come on the display,

Turn off the computer.
As you power it back on tap the F2 key. This will load hardware diagnostics.
Run the start up test.

This will test all the hardware in the system and detect any problems.

Disconnect everything but the monitor mouse and keyboard.

Open up the side of the computer and reseat the memory.

Also make sure that there is no dust inside the computer.

Here is a link to your service manual to walk you through the steps to reseat the memory.

Page 22.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

Thanks man, but I got it working before you re-replied. I have two other computers that I dismantled myself, and i decided that if i'm going to put all my games on it I may as well take to memory cards from the other towers. It immediatly stopped beeping. Thanks anyway. 

P.S. I'm wondering if its possible to add in another hard drive into it for more space. Steam kinda takes up a bit of space once you get a couple of games.

HP Recommended

supernovaraven,

You’re welcome.

I’m glad to hear that you got everything working.

There should be any problem adding a second HDD.

HP Recommended

Hey again. Thanks for all your help so far, but i have just one more teensy problem. When i go to start it up, it goes just fine, then after it goes past the windows loading screen (the one right before you log in) it says that the tv isnt recieving any signals, but then i hear the windows load up sound, saying that i can log on. All i need to do is get to my desktop, but its kinda hard if i cant see what im doing.

HP Recommended
Hey guys. My Presario CQ62 will not start at all when connected to power. No funs, no LEDs (except the power LED). What is the problem and how can I fix it? Please help.
HP Recommended

Hello @levisryan,

I understand your laptop will not start, is that correct? I will try to help you.

Can you please provide the full model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I have the same model, and it stopped working like yours, obviously compaq just put on the market a cheap peace of f&$@&, as you can see in this forum there so many others who got the same exact problem, it's so deceiving, really
HP Recommended
Why you don't talk to your coworkers and engineers and tell them that they made a defective and deceiving product that does not work, i payed for mine it wasn't free and i worked very hard to buy this piece of junk that stopped working for no reasons just after a year and half 😞
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.