Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Worked with Windows 8 too..Thnx a lot:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
I have windows 8....
HP Recommended
My laptop screen is sideway and not coming desktop screen....windows screen large ....it happens in when playing NFS game....
HP Recommended

go to display settings and change screen from portrait to landscape setting.

HP Recommended
Yes thanks that worked
HP Recommended

Thank You

That worked.  My cat was sleeping on my keyboard when I came back.

kim

HP Recommended

I pushed something last night and my screen flipped sideways too. I had hoped that turning my lap top off and restarting it in the morning would reset it...it did not. I googled and found this forum and tried pushing ALT, CTRL, and UP Arrow at the same time but like you that did absolutly nothing. I tried playing around with it and learned that you push ALT, CTRL at the same time, then while holding those downI pushed the up arrow and my screen righted it's self. It is not all at the same time but in 2 steps that it works. I hope this helps you.

HP Recommended

Not sure that my reply went to you dcard88, so I'm trying it again.

I pushed something last night and my screen flipped sideways too. I had hoped that turning my lap top off and restarting it in the morning would reset it...it did not. I googled and found this forum and tried pushing ALT, CTRL, and UP Arrow at the same time but like you that did absolutly nothing. I tried playing around with it and learned that you push ALT, CTRL at the same time, then while holding those downI pushed the up arrow and my screen righted it's self. It is not all at the same time but in 2 steps that it works. I hope this helps you.

HP Recommended
Just happened to me on an HP laptop. This fix worked!

Thanks!
HP Recommended
Thank you so much tiredmom for the detailed explanation on what to do. It worked for me thanks again!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.