cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Paulice
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My new Spectre x360, i7 gets very warm after using it a minute or 20

HP Recommended
E9M48EA#ABH 13-4200nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My very new HP Spectre x360 becomes extremely warm after 20 minutes of use. The ventilation system begins to blow en makes a lot of noise. This happens not only using it on my lap but also using it on a desk. The fully charged battery empties quickly, perhaps because of the fact that the ventalation must work very hard. I already asked a professional to check the computer and turn some things out such as touch screen in order that the battery last longer.

I am now feeling that I wish I had never bought this model because it is impossible to use it this way.

Is there a solution for this problem?

1 REPLY 1
eelw
Level 4
61 60 6 14
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What are you doing at the time when the CPU usage increases?  While one would think it's a simple enough task, running a badly coded Facebook or Reddit page can consume a lot of CPU resources.  No matter which computer you use, it will behave similarly.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation