Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-R138CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would someone send me a link to the latest BIOS for the HP 15-R138CA laptop?  The HP driver and support page for this model does not have a BIOS download available for some reason.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

There is a BIOS update listed but is for Windows 8.1 and below. The update revision listed latest (F39.A) is not listed as Windows 10 compatible which is probably the reason you do not see it under the drivers under Windows 10.

Is there any particular reason you want to update your BIOS ?

Personally, I do not recommend you update the BIOS unless you experience some issues with your existing BIOS and you are sure that the new BIOS will fix it. General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong.

Same applies for Windows Updates, OS update, drivers updates, etc - upgrade/update IF you have issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible.

Please, reply back, provide feedback and do let me know if you face difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

This is supposed to be a touch laptop (according to HP product specificaion page) but for some reason the touch feature isn't working.  Can you confirm this model is supposed to have a touchscreen?  I purchased it used and it was advertised as such.

All drivers are installed - it seems the touch feature simply doesn't exist....

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Azucho98 wrote:

This is supposed to be a touch laptop (according to HP product specificaion page) but for some reason the touch feature isn't working.  Can you confirm this model is supposed to have a touchscreen?  I purchased it used and it was advertised as such.

All drivers are installed - it seems the touch feature simply doesn't exist....

Thanks.

Hello,

I read the very same specifications page just like you did. And as per it the model should have a touch screen. Touchscreens a glossy, not matt. The PC should come with Windows 8.1 and as per the specifications page is designed for Win 8.1 ?  Do you use Windows 10 at the moment ?  If the touch screen is not working with Windows 10, I would recommend you restore the PC to factory default condition (Win 8.1) and probably this will fix it.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

The laptop originally had widnows 8.1 on it and the touch screen didn't work.

I then updated it to Windows 10 - and it still doesn't work.

I wonder if somone replaced the LCD panel at some point with a non-touch screen?  Don't know... it certainly is strange.  It is a used laptop so that is certanly possible. 

Would you send me the HP part number for the LCD screen for this model?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Azucho98 wrote:

Would you send me the HP part number for the LCD screen for this model?

Hi,

The part number for the screen should be :   750635-001

I noticed something that bothers me (may be or may not be a real issue)  and I have asked HP internally for a comment. Will update you if any notice.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.