Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
17-x137cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery on this laptop will hold a charge for just a few hours before it dies.  I have been trying to find a replacment but none are listed on the HP site.  The model number is 17-x137cl and it's just an HP notebook.  No fancy name like probook or elitebook or some of these others I see.  Kind of makes me wonder if I chose the right product to purchase . . !  The HP site said it could look it up thru the serial number but I keep getting routed to the same screen over and over, not the parts store, nothing that helps.  It's really frustrating, to say the least, especially since the thing is barely a month old!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Belloria wrote:

The battery on this laptop will hold a charge for just a few hours before it dies.  I have been trying to find a replacment but none are listed on the HP site.  The model number is 17-x137cl and it's just an HP notebook.  No fancy name like probook or elitebook or some of these others I see.  Kind of makes me wonder if I chose the right product to purchase . . !  The HP site said it could look it up thru the serial number but I keep getting routed to the same screen over and over, not the parts store, nothing that helps.  It's really frustrating, to say the least, especially since the thing is barely a month old!

Hi

Before getting a new set of battery lets look at what we could do with the laptop first. When the computer is connected to a charger? Is it powering on? If yes hover your mouse cursor to the battery icon and check if you have the message plug in not charging. 

Please give us an update

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
It charges just fine. It will be at 100% but a few hours later it is low and needs plugged in. I've never had a laptop that was new and had a battery drain so fast. The one this replaced holds a charge better and it's 3 + yrs old
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.