Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need drivers for internet connection. I have installed windows server 2008 enterprise  64-bit, and trying to install drivers but i could not found them online. Can anyone please help me to as i need them asap. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unzip and manually install the file I have attached below.  The auto install is too big to attach.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to the device manager.

There should be an Other Devices category showing.

Below that Other Devices catergory should be a listing of devices that need drivers.

They will all have little ! marks next to them.

The wireless network card is the device listed below the Other Devices category as a Network Controller.

Click on the Network Controller device, and it will open a window with tabs on the top of the window.

Click on the Details tab.

On the Details tab, you will see a Property drop down list.  It will be defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the second item which is Hardware ID's.

Now you should see 4 rows or so of characters and the top row starts with PCI\VEN.

Post that top string of characters.

That tells the user what manufacturer and type of device it is.

Then I can post the wireless card driver I think you need.

It will be for Vista if you are using Windows Server 2008.

R2 would use Windows 7 drivers.

If the drivers I post don't work, then unfortunately, you are out of luck.

They normally don't make server drivers for wireless cards since notebooks are not server hardware.

HP Recommended

hi

Thank for response. Dont say if it doesnot work 😛 i need that for my project. Here are the detail you asked for.

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&SUBSYS_18ED103C

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B&CC_0280

Regards

sam

HP Recommended

You're very welcome:

As I was afraid of there is no driver for Vista or Windows Server 2008 for that model card.

You can try the Windows 7 driver from the link below.

You want the driver for the first grouping of PCIe wireless cards listed.

Unzip and install it.

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

Thank you, Wireless driver has been installed and working fine but i still cant see LAN connection in my networks. LAN drivers are not installing..  Any idea?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

LAN will be easy. 

Download and install the 6th file on the list (Vista and WinServer 2008 Auto Installation Program (SID:1568647)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

HP Recommended

hi,

the link number 6 is not working. My internet is working fine but link is not opening. Is it workign fine for you?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Are you selecting one of the download sites on the right of the description?

I selected the US1 download site and it works fine for me.

HP Recommended

hi,

i have tried all links but no one is opening. Is there any option to get that file? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unzip and manually install the file I have attached below.  The auto install is too big to attach.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.