Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@dindin wrote:

Hi Faroo , 

Thry plese , what Fotodemon did first , instal chipsett driver from HP Support page , reboot.

If you still can see Intel driver , and it have no audio devices instaled , then deinstal the driver , reboot, it must show unknown device (properties , details , hardware ID , dev must be 8086 , which is code for Intel.

Then perform the troubleshooting from first post.

All the best , 

Dindin

Hello Dindin,

its still not working sound still shows x. tried every software. Any other way for solution. 

HP Recommended

Thanks dindin so much, I spent ages trying to fix this and finally found the solution. For others with this problem I found that when updating the unknown device, the audio controllor it is listed as "Sound, vidoe and game controllors", and is quite far down the list (not with the first couple of audio related options), this took me ages to figure out.

Thank goodness this problem is finally over, thanks again dindin!

HP Recommended

Hello Dindin,
I do not know who you are but you helped me solve my audio problem that I have been working on for over a week. I also have an HP Pavillion x2 Detachable with Windows 10 64-bit. It worked fine for over a year until I ran a large windows update and lost the audio just over a week ago. I stumbled on your advice and could not get it to work until I went back and uninstalled my prior attempts to solve the problem. Once I uninstalled everything under "Audio Inputs and Outputs" and "Sounds Video and Game Controllers" I was able to reboot and go into the Device Manager and follow your instructions. It took me several attempts to find "Intel Corporation" - it was not the first option and not on the first page, but after I found it everything else fell into place.
I cannot thank you enough!!! The audio is a very important part of my HP and if I had not found your advice I probably would have tossed this HP and purchased a new tablet - and it definitely would not have been another HP!!!
Thanks again!!
Tim

Tim
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

Very glead to hear that you solved your issue.

Just to history , not to blaim the HP. The problem is Intel board , as you see , you have one (chipsett) driver that sett several functions(audio , camera , etc,,). 

Some MS updates can mess some functions , as in this case.

It is the same with other computer brands , but far as I know , newer find the solution on their support.

As I posted in my firs post ,  not  a HP employee , speaking only in my name ,but in this , and in many other cases , assistance make a diference , to be cosidered when purchase another PC.

Here ,  you can find bunch of a people willing to help , do theiy work for HP or not.

Once again , thank you very much for your nice words , I wish you ll the best !!!

Dindin

HP Recommended

It was very useful and a lot quicker than other online suggestions.

You have really resolved such a big issue. I thought its a hardware issue and was about to give up.

The only thing i would like to add here is that one step was slightly different than what you have mentioned.

As you mention 'click audio control' but for me it was slightly different name unfortunately can't remember but what I did was checked into all the names relating to audio and one of it finally gave me the next option of 'intel corporation' and after that i was prompted that "window does not recommend this device/driver" but i click continue and it instantly resolved the issue.

I believe windows or HP should have recognised it if not at least should have no prompted that alert in the final stage. But I took my chances as i already did the windows recovery which didnt resolve the issue.

I found out this solution after trying so many other things thats why I am really thankful to you for your help.

Also, I am replying so other people can benefit from it as well.

Many Thanks,

CHeers!!

@dindin wrote:

Hi Fotodemon , and others..

Not a HP , speaking only in my name. This could be a solution.

Press Win+X key , or right click on Start button.

Open device manager.

Usualy , it must show „unknown device“.

Right click , choose „update driver“

Choose second (bottom ) option , let me pickup driver from PC

Again choose bottom option , pickup the driver from the list.

Choose audio controler

On the list – left side – choose Intel corporation (the first one !!! )

On the right side choose  Intel SST Audio Device , and instal it.

You will be prompt not to do it , but do it hovewer.

It should solve emediatly the issue.

All the best!!!

Dindin

<<<-------***

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot AMIK.

Glead I can be helpfull ...

Wish you all the best !!!!

Dindin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.