Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tengo una portatil hp compaq nx6120, realice todos los pasos que se describe no me funciona, ya le desconecte la pila del bios ni tampoco funciona, e incluso sin estar conectado el disco duro me sale el mensaje Non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready, como puedo solucionar el problema?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  I tried a few things and then figured why not try external disk.  To my suprise it worked!

HP Recommended

what do I do when my computer is showing disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready.....please help me thanks

HP Recommended
Sir, I dollowed your method and it results run-in test failed. What should I do now?
HP Recommended
My labtop is saying non-system disk or error disk replace and strike keys anytime ready .please help me
HP Recommended

HI @empresszebulan,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂   I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More What is your specific model of HP notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running?

I understand that on startup you see the message " non-system disk or error disk replace and strike keys anytime ready". This issue may occur if the operating system cannot be found. Have you checked that  no disk is in the optical drive?Have you made any recent changes to your system? Is the hard drive recognized in the BIOS? If the hard drive is not listed, try reseating the cable or a different one. Providing the drive is recognized, please test the hard drive from the BIOS.  Please let me know the results. 

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
hi everyone
ineed help i have loptop Hd hee seid
non-system disk or disk error
replace and strike any key when ready
please help what i do
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.