cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sebastian_PL
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Notebook HP 250 G3 - New harddrive

HP Recommended
250 G3
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hi. Because of hard disk failure I had to replace it with a new one. I have no recovery discs :(. Is any possibility to restore original software ? Can I somehow get recovery discs for this laptop ? Thank you in advance for your answers 🙂

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,183 11,123 2,202 4,483
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Take a look at this support page and see if there are diss available for your system.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-250-G3-Notebook-PC/6732462/document/bph07143/

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your notebook was released to market less than three years ago, HP will still stock recovery media. You can contact HP through the PartSurfer utility to purchase the media. I recommend purchasing the USB factory created version of recovery media for its durability and  for its speed of recovery.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Select the region of the world that you purchased the notebook in and input the product number or, even better, the serial number of your notebook.  Find the recovery media on the list and purchase it through HP.

If you ive in the USA you can purchase it at a lower cost (usually @$27.00) through an HP Partner business called Computersurgeons.com.

In other regions of the world, the recovery media is available through an HP Support service called Best2Serve.com.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation