Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
Do you need the SN# as well?

No, do not post SN as this is personal and unique information - the forum is public

What you posted already is ok and enough 🙂

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
I tried F11 for system Recovery and it's been a blank black screen for 5 minutes now.
Model: HP Pavilion m71015dx Entertainment Pc
PN: B4T7OUA#ABA

Thank you - the PN is B4T70UA  (reads as bravo-four-tango-seven-zero-unique-alpha)

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@IT_WinSec wrote:

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
This is my only computer in the house. (...) Otherwise I have no way of accessing the internet

If you are posting from a smartphone now, there are 3 ways to fix the issue:

- buy Windows 7 HP Recovery media (if available) - official procedure

- use another PC - friends' PC to perform the instructions and download the Win 7 ISO (unofficial procedure)

- send the PC to a repair - tech repair IT store

Please, provide your product number and model first and I will provide you with instructions

OK, re. the 3 ways to fix it

- OFFICIAL one - recovery media (3 DVDs) exist for your PC model. You can obtain the original kit from this website >> http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-21745-recovery-kit-689385-002-for-hp-pavilion-entertainment-notebo...

The kit costs 27 USD + delivery.

Since you have no other PC to use, this may be the easiest and fastest for you. This procedure is the official one and should be working.

Regarding other procedure - if you want to try the unofficial procedure and if you have another PC you may use, please let me know and I will post instructions

Once you purchase the kit and receive it, insert the 1st dvd from the kit and boot from it. Here are detailed instructions how to complete the process and reinstall Windows 7 original >> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&section=ccweb&SFS=tdoc&language...

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes, provide feedback and post again if you need further assistance

HP Recommended

@bigSPOON420 wrote:
Any ideas WITHOUT needing to BUY any recovery media?

The previously posted solution involes buying original HP recovery media.

If you do not want to use the official method, you can try this one (no guarantee it will work):

- use this website/tool to download Windows 7 ISO file >> https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

- use another PC - known clean from viruses - to write the Windows 7 ISO file to a USB pen drive and make it bootable

- boot from the USB device - F9 option and install Windows

- enter your Windows 7 license key from the COA sticker attached to your PC

- after successful installation, download all the drivers for your PC model from HP website and install them >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hi @bigSPOON420

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the system reset crashed and now you are unable to boot to windows.

I’d love to help!

As you have mentioned that F11 recovery is also not working, then the only solution is to do recovery using the recovery media. I recommend you to contact phone support and they will assist you in ordering the recovery media for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Hope that answers your question goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.