Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please download and install Intel Management Engine Interface Driver from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48617.exe

If the issue persists, please provide the model number or the product number of your system.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a similar problem with controllers : network controller (especially wifi adapter) doesn't work.

Ly computer is a HP G62 Notebook G62-100EB

Device properties (Details) : PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_3040103C&REV_01\4&2046277B&0&00E0

Forgot to specify that I use Win XP 32 bit Pro (I had win 7 but I changed it for professional reasons).

Thanks for your help.
Regards

HP Recommended

@jcvlad

Hi,

Download and install Atheros Wireless driver from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your help. It works fine now.

Another device is "unknown" in my device manager. Properties : ACPI\PNP0C32\2. Can you help me to solve it also ?

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Download and install driver for buttons from here.

Do manual installation

Go to device manager, right click unknown device,

Choose to update driver, No to connect,

Choose install from a list or specific location, Don't search, Have disk,

Browse to the location of machine.inf.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

The problem is solved ! Great thanks !

What does it mean, "Direct Application Launch Button" ? It seems that it's this device that was first unknown.

Thanks a lot anyway.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi i m malae problem and i hav of pci simple comunatn and i have hpg62 laptop plz help me

HP Recommended

@malak

Hi,

1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n). You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

2. Go to:

Control Panel -> Device Manager

Right click each device with yellow exclamation mark ( ) and choose ' Properties '. Next select ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids . This way we will know what kind of driver you need.

Below you've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

HP Recommended
I recently bought compaq presario cq42,but i'm not able to browse net on it because it does not have pci network drivers installed.what can i do now?
HP Recommended

@Ishfaq_nabi

Hi,
1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n).

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

2. Go to:

Control Panel -> Device Manager

Right click each device with yellow exclamation mark ( ) and choose ' Properties '. Next select ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids . This way we will know what kind of driver you need.

Below you've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.