Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi everyone

I've got an elitebook-folio-9470m from HP and today I formatted all diskpartitions with command prompt (ntfs) because I wanted to clean the SSD to re install Windows 10. After a reboot, I keep getting the error: "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" 

I've tried to select USB Drive as boot-option number one because I have a bootable Windows 10 Image on my USB-Stick. I can't get the machine to boot from the USB-Drive to instal Windows. This drives me really mad because I've never experienced troubles like this, and I've installed Windows many times on the same notebook. (But never did format all diskpartitions)

So if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What you can do is to go to Microsoft site and download the Windows ISO file

You can either using their all-in-one utility to create USB flash drive or choose to save ISO file then run Rufus to create the USB flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

If one of method working then something wrong with your original image.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

How you create the Windows 10 USB flash drive?

Are you using Rufus or Windows 10 update utility to create the USB flash drive?

If you are using Rufus to create USB flash drive, which partition scheme

• MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI
  • MBR partition scheme for UEFI
  • GPT partition scheme for UEFI

In BIOS, have you disable Fast Boot and SecureBoot?

Have you check USB device boot?

For boot mode, which option is selected?

• Legacy
  • UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)
  • UEFI Native (Without CSM)
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I used the same usb flash drive many times and it worked as it suposed to be.
but this time before the install at the install menu I pressed shift + f10 and the cmd popped up. So i did a format to all diskpartitions(ntfs) .I should have done only
The main partition.
after that i reboot and this problem came.
no its not the update utility its the windows on a usb completely.
i have tryed all the options legacy , uefi hybrid and uefi native
the problem is i cannot enter the usb flash drive boot up.
HP Recommended

If you have Windows 10 ISO file, I would like you to run Rufus to create USB bootable flash drive. It is nothing to do with hard drive because installation processure save everything to memory and will not dump files to hard drive until you click next button at partition window.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I dont know which partition scheme

Yes disabled fast reboot and secureboot
HP Recommended
No its not iso file . It is the setup on usb flash i used it many times at the same laptop.

do u have whatsapp can u help me out please ?
HP Recommended

2GB hard drive or less use MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI

2GB or large use GPT partition scheme for UEFI

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Now it says boot from efi file
HP Recommended
Now i did legacy and booted from usb drive. But it says boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk
HP Recommended

What you can do is to go to Microsoft site and download the Windows ISO file

You can either using their all-in-one utility to create USB flash drive or choose to save ISO file then run Rufus to create the USB flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

If one of method working then something wrong with your original image.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.